The Everything Guide to Digital Home Recording
Tips, tools, and techniques for studio sound at home
Leona Lewis, Lily Allen, and Colbie Caillat all became famous after their self-produced music was posted on the Internet. And now anyone who’s ever practiced in front of the mirror for hours wants to try it too. This guide shows aspiring musicians how to turn their computers into a music studio.
Professional musician Marc Schonbrun leads you step-by-step through the basics of home recording, including:
- Tips on how to make—and stick to—a recording budget
- The best digital recording software
- Microphones, mixers, and electronic hardware
- Recording for individual instruments and virtual instruments
- Mixing, mastering, and advanced recording techniques
For a fraction of the cost of recording, you can become their own engineers. You’ll learn to create tracks complete with digital effects, virtual instruments, and sound quality that rival professional studios. In no time, you’ll be ready for your time in the spotlight!