Coming Back to Life
The Updated Guide to the Work That Reconnects
Joanna Macy, Molly Young Brown, Matthew Fox
- Coming Back to Life has been translated into more than six languages
- The new edition includes three new chapters: 1) working with communities of color, 2) working "within the System," 3) engaging children and youth in the Work That Reconnects.
- In the last sixteen years, the form of group work found in Coming Back to Life has continued to spread on every continent around the world, used in many cultures and settings.
- In the years since the publication of Coming Back to Life, we have seen soul-shuddering changes in world conditions. Among them are: 9/11 and its aftermath, the "War on Terror;" accelerating climate disruption; myriad environmental disasters. Coming Back to Life directly addresses these perils and the anguish people feel.
- Previous edition of Coming Back to Life sold over 27,000 copies
- As the root teacher of the Work That Reconnects, Joanna Macy has created a groundbreaking theoretical framework for personal and social change, as well as a powerful workshop methodology for its application.
- With over 10 previous books to her name Joanna Macy's wide-ranging work addresses psychological and spiritual issues of the nuclear age, the cultivation of ecological awareness, and the fruitful resonance between Buddhist thought and contemporary science.