How to Use Kitchen Staples to Treat Common Ailments
Julie Bruton-Seal, Matthew Seal
A complete herbal handbook of home cures and kitchen remedies from the team behind Backyard Medicine and Backyard Medicine for All.
Years ago, every household practiced kitchen medicine. Doctors were expensive and people were self-reliant—even when it came to health care. Today, doctors are more expensive and we've become much less self-reliant. Now Home Remedies revives that lost tradition of the kitchen as pharmacy.
- Fennel wards off symptoms of menopause
- Garlic reduces cholesterol levels
- Lemon relieves rheumatism
- Ginger treats a cold
- An olive oil purge can eliminate gallstones
- Sore joints are eased with mustard
- So much more!