The Ultimate Service Dog Training Manual
100 Tips for Choosing, Raising, Socializing, and Retiring Your Dog
Keagen J. Grace
A One-Stop Shop for Anyone Interested in Learning How to Obtain, Train, Raise, and Live With a Service Dog.
The Ultimate Service Dog Training Manual is the essential resource for laypeople, handlers, and trainers alike who deal with service dogs. Covering everything you need to know about obtaining, training, and living with service dogs, this comprehensive guide provides practical dos and don'ts, tips and tricks, and advice on raising the perfect service dog for various situations.
Complete with illustrative photos, tips, sidebars, and detailed information, Including the history of service dogs, the legalities of where they are allowed in public and who is permitted to have them, what rights are in place to protect them, and more, this service dog bible covers service dog topics like:
- What handlers want you to know
- The path to becoming a service dog
- Service dog jobs, from allergen alert dogs to psychiatric and seizure dogs
- Costs of owner-training
- “Fake” or under-trained service dogs
- What service dogs should and should not do in public
- What makes a dog unsuitable
- Overview of standards, requirements, certifications, and gear
- Task training, from opening doors to assisted pick-up, and more
- Service dog socialization
- Service dogs at work and school
- Service dog retirement
- The difference between service dogs, therapy animals, and emotional support animals
- And more!