The Life, Theory and Practice of a Master Drummer
- Jaki Liebezeit is a legendary figure in twentieth-century music, and this is the only comprehensive guide to his groundbreaking theories. It will be a key text for drummers, and other musicians, for years to come.
- The book is written by people that knew Jaki intimately on both a musical and a personal level: biographical elements sit alongside the elaboration of his musical system.
- These contributors include Burnt Friedman, one of Germany's leading electronic musicians, and Manos Tsangaris, professor of composition at the Hochschule für Musik in Dresden.
- Contains the first-ever complete discography of Jaki's recordings, and previously unpublished photos of Jaki along with reproductions of his own artwork.
- Jono Podmore worked with Jaki over a number of years, and he is sure to be in demand for festival events.
- For fans of All Gates Open: The Story of Can by Rob Young, Future Days: Krautrock and the Birth of a Revolutionary New Music by David Stubbs, Tony Allen: An Autobiography of the Master Drummer of Afrobeat.